- General Info.
- For Authors
- For Attendees
Get In Touch
Based on the success of the past, we are proud to bring you to Perth, Australia to attend 2019 9th International Conference on Power and Energy Systems (ICPES 2019) on December 10-12, 2019.
ICPES is the premier Power and Energy Systems conference, providing a forum for researchers, practitioners and educators to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, experiences and concerns in the field of Power Engineering, Renewable Energies and Energy Systems.
ICPES 2019 is where you will meet and network with energy leaders, business innovators, researchers, academics and policy makers from across the globe.
Over the past 8 years, ICPES has been held at Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore, Lisbon, Paris, Toronto and Colombo.
The accepted paper of ICPES 2019 will be published in conference proceedings which will be archived into online database. The papers will be submitted to IEEEXplore to be indexed by Ei Compendex and Scopus and others.
ICPES 2018 proceedings has been archived in IEEEXplore (See here)
The Program Committee of the Conference has published the first version of the Conference Program. Please note that this program is subject to minor changes. The Conference Program can be viewed from here.
Papers scheduled to be presented orally should be presented in 15 minutes (i.e., 12 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for the Questions and Answers by the Session Chairs and the audience). The presentations should be in Microsoft Power Point or PDF. The Presentations should be loaded into the Computers available in the rooms at least 15 minutes before the beginning of every session.
Papers scheduled to be presented in the Poster format must be hanged on the correct poster board at least 15 minutes before the beginning of the Poster Session. The posters should be maximum A0 size in portrait format (i.e., a maximum height of 120cm and a maximum width of 90cm).
The Technical Committee of the Conference has finalized the decisions on the submitted manuscripts, based on the review reports submitted by at least two experts of the field. All authors of the submitted manuscripts must have now received their accept/reject decision emails.
• The authors of the accepted papers need to update their manuscript based on the comments of the reviewers (if any) and submit their final (camera-ready) version before September 20th based on the instructions available here.
• At least one author of an accepted paper MUST register before September 15th via here.
• The Conference has arranged a special rate for all conference attendees at one of the Perth's most iconic hotel, Esplanade Hotel. Book your accommodation as early as possible before the reserved rooms are finished. More info is available here.
• When the Conference program has been finalized, we will inform you of the date and time allocated for your presentation.
We have received a significant number of requests for submission deadline extension. Therefore, the Organizing Committee of ICPES 2019 has decided to keep the submission portal open until August 15th for all late submissions.
We are delighted to inform all authors that the Conference Technical Committee will nominate 20% top quality papers of the Conference for Publication in the IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, subject to a further review process by the journal.
We are delighted to inform all authors that the Conference has arranged several special issues with IET's top journals to publish an extended version of the conference's most top conference papers. The authors of the papers recommended by the reviewers and the conference technical committee will be invited to submit an extended version of their papers to these journals. The special issues will be in
IET Generation Transmission and Distribution
IET Renewable Power Generation
IET Power Electronics
IET Smart Grid
We are delighted to announce that some of the world's most famous University and Industry experts, from Australia, Canada, UK, Italy and China, are attending ICPES 2019 as keynote speakers.
We will enjoy the talks by:
• Innocent Kamwa (Hydro-Quebec Research Institute, Canada) Editor-in-chief, IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution
• Carlo Alberto Nucci (University of Bologna, Italy) Editor-in-chief, Electric Power Systems Research
• Aoife Foley (Queen’s University Belfast, UK) Editor-in-chief, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews
• Yusheng Xue (State Grid Electric Power Research Institute, China) Editor-in-chief, Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy
• Dean Sharafi (Australian Energy Market Operator, Australia) IEEE Power and Energy Society Asia-Pacific Representative
• Pierluigi Mancarella (University of Melbourne, Australia)
• Fushuan Wen (Zhejiang University, China)
• Luis (Nando) Ochoa (University of Melbourne, Australia) IEEE Power and Energy Society Distinguished Lecturer
More info are available here
The Conference has arranged a Technical-Social day tour to Western Australia's wonderful Rottnest Island. Travelling to the island is fully free of charge for all conference attendees. It is a non-missable tourist attraction for anyone visiting Perth, especially in December. Rottnest Island is a wonderful protected nature reserve, and home to the quokka (a small wallaby-like marsupial), as well as several white-sand beaches and secluded coves and shallow waters. More info are available here
In addition to the normal tracks of the conference (listed here), the Conference will also has two special sessions on
1. Emerging methods and techniques in integrated energy systems, arranged and chaired by Prof. Fushuan Wen, Prof. Ivo Palu, and Dr Sambeet Mishra (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia). More info is available here
2. Data-analytics for power system operation, control, and enhanced situational awareness, arranged and chaired by Dr Yan Xu (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore), Dr Ke Meng (University of New South Wales, Australia) and Dr Jing Qiu (University of Sydney, Australia). More info is available here
The Conference has arranged a special rate for all conference attendees at one of the Perth's most iconic hotel, Esplanade Hotel, located at the port of Fremantle (one of Perth's unavoidable tourist attractions). The Conference will also provide free bus transfers between the Esplanade Hotel and the Conference venue at Murdoch University. More info are available here
ICPES 2019 will provide several Student paper and travel awards to the participating students (See more info here)
The information about the conference tracks and the manuscript submission are available here
Interetsed colleagues in organizing a Special Session can find detailed info here
Keen to present a Tutorial and Workshop? See the proposal submission and due dates here
There are several Sponsorship and Trade Exhibition Opportunities for all Utilities, Manufacturing Industries, Sales and Service companies, Concuslting companies, Government bodies, and Technical Associations engaged and interested in Electrical power engineering, Renewable energy or Energy systems and sector. (See more info here)